How to find official USMLE Step 1 scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deeproots

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, this might be a stupid question: Where can I find official USMLE Step 1 scores for any given school? Is there a published list of Step scores for all schools anywhere? I've searched online and can't find ANY hard numbers, even on med school websites.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. Schools don't want to give out these kinds of numbers, although they'll be happy to tell you their students on average do very well/above the national average, etc. etc.

Heh.

Doesn't exist.

Members don't see this ad :)
USNews publishes Step 1 scores, not sure if they're legit though.

USNews publishes Step 1 scores, not sure if they're legit though.

n=1, but I actually calculated a school's average step 1 score a couple years ago off of primary data (with one of the deans for school purposes) it didn't match the USNews published scores. I asked the administration about it and they said that they have no idea where they get their numbers, but they aren't based on anything real as far as they know.

Reactions: 1 user
Does every school say they score above the average? Or are there some schools that say "our students score average on the boards"?

n=1, but I actually calculated a school's average step 1 score a couple years ago off of primary data (with one of the deans for school purposes) it didn't match the USNews published scores. I asked the administration about it and they said that they have no idea where they get their numbers, but they aren't based on anything real as far as they know.
30a.jpeg
30a.jpeg

But really, was it higher or lower? Could the school not reporting failing scores account for the difference?
30a.jpeg