How to find USLME scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cajun4075

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a couple of medical schools. Does anyone know where I could find the scores or trends for the USLME Step 1 for different medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

search for USLMEs on google. im sure you'll find what you want.

Not sure how many times this has been said in the past few months but I'll say it again. Step 1 scores have less to do with the school and more to do with how hard the students study. You are going to learn the same stuff at every school. How you do on the boards is going to depend on how hard you study, not on where you go.

Perhaps one thing to look into would be length of time you have to study for step 1 after 2nd year. If you have 4 weeks then you are set. You really dont need (or want) more than 4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools don't have to publish their average results, and most try to keep them fairly secret. If there were an easy source for this information, you could bet US News would add it to the rankings. As it stands now, you can't even find percentile information for USMLE test-takers, much less school averages. Generally when you show up for an interview, the school will give you a number, or people will say, "They don't give us the exact numbers, but we know we do well on the USMLE...". I know that they're different styles of tests, but my bet would be any school with above average MCATs will in general have above average USMLEs.

Not sure how many times this has been said in the past few months but I'll say it again. Step 1 scores have less to do with the school and more to do with how hard the students study. You are going to learn the same stuff at every school. How you do on the boards is going to depend on how hard you study, not on where you go..

That doesn't mean you can't look at the scores :laugh:

That doesn't mean you can't look at the scores :laugh:

I assume all you guys are messing with the OP. The USMLE scores for schools are not a matter of public record. You will not find accurate lists anywhere. The schools know how they did but only about 3 schools I am aware of have actually published their scores anywhere. There is a word of mouth based thread of USMLE scores on SDN someplace, but it is unlikely to be particularly accurate. So no, you cannot look at the scores.