How to get approved for refinancing into private loans?

Started by osprey099
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

osprey099

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How does one get approved for consolidating their government loans into lower-interest (4%ish) stricter private loans? I will be graduating medical school with around $180k in debt after interest and if I conglomerate my government loans, the average interest will be around 6%. I would like to refinance to private loans if possible. By the time I graduate, I will have a 5 year credit history and my current credit score is close to 800. However, I've never held a job or made a big purchase (car, home, etc). Is there anything I can do to help my chances of refinancing?