How to get better at endoscopy?

Started by Dr. Don
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Don

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm a 2nd year resident applying for GI this year and a few days ago my attending let me hold the scope and play around with it while he was doing a colonoscopy. I must say it was harder than I thought! But I liked it! I was wondering if there are any current fellows, attendings, or even prospective applicants who can comment on how they got better with endoscopy. Obviously I realize that practice will make perfect, but I was wondering if there are any books out there you would recommend to at least learn the theory behind GI endoscopy. Any other comments are appreciated. Thanks!