How to get Case presentation in powerpoint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroride

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, we have to start doing hot cases and the attending wants it in powerpoint format. I have seen in the past where there are certain presentations where you can present the case and when the audience part comes in, you can have all of the workup on the screen with tabs for chem panel etc. and all you do is click on it and the next slide is the results.

Anybody know how to do this or where this format is?

Members don't see this ad.

Open powerpoint.

Go to "Help"

Search for "Create a table of contents slide that links to custom shows."

That's the exact name of the help file that will explain how to do what it is you're wanting to do. Happy powerpointing.

yeah, I mean, basically, you just have to know how to use powerpoint, and the best way to do that is to just F around with it awhile. It's pretty intuitive. On piece of advice I might give is to view the slide master, which allows you to set up a template or format for every slide in your presentation. It's probably just as easy to select one of their pre-made templates as well.

There are people who think that powerpoint is destroying free thought in that so many presentations in so many different fields are using it to organize and display information, and it always seems to end up in a very linear kind of way. Some people think this stifles creativity and free thought... But that's not really your problem...

The way I do this is through the hyperlink function. I find this works very easy.

Create a bunch of 'empty' slides. once you are ready, create a slide for 'options'
then put whatever options you want. Labs, rads, etc.

once you put them in, highlight one and then go to the hyperlink button. You can link it to a slide. Pick one and highlight it. You will then need to use custom animation buttons. Its not hard, you just have to stay on top of them and run them to make sure you have all the links in.

There are people who think that powerpoint is destroying free thought in that so many presentations in so many different fields are using it to organize and display information, and it always seems to end up in a very linear kind of way. Some people think this stifles creativity and free thought...
Couldn't you say the same thing about how we are taught to present cases in the first places? :confused:

Always someone complaining about something...:rolleyes: