How to get drugs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do physicians who provide medical coverage for trips/expeditions get their medications? Obviously narcotics pose an issue but for stuff like an epi-Pen, lidocaine, antibiotics, anti-emetics, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

How do physicians who provide medical coverage for trips/expeditions get their medications? Obviously narcotics pose an issue but for stuff like an epi-Pen, lidocaine, antibiotics, anti-emetics, etc?

Write them to the trip. Boy Scout River Trip June 2014 etc. Plan to pay cash as insurance won't cover it, and epipens aren't cheap.

The title of this thread pulled me in....

But I found the content disappointing.

:lame:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Might not be as high yield as straight answers here, but there's a great recent EMCrit podcast (#117 w/Keith Conover) where Weingart talked with a guest about personal and group medical kits, including how to get your hands on supplies. He was surprised to learn that it's legit per Dr. Conover to script all that type of stuff to himself. Check out the shownotes/comments for some further info.

I write prescriptions for myself my wife all the time before trips. It's not a biggie.