how to get from NYC to drexel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zurned

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I get to drexel from new york city?? Is there any kind of public transportation that I can take or is plane the only way>?

Members don't see this ad.

zurned said:
How do I get to drexel from new york city?? Is there any kind of public transportation that I can take or is plane the only way>?

Amtrak and bus lines go from NYC to Philly.

Go to Penn Station and take the New Jersey Transit train to Trenton. In Trenton, switch to the SEPTA to Philadelphia. You can buy tickets for the whole trip in Penn Station. Alternatively, if you're willing to spend more money you can get an Amtrak train from Penn Station to Philly. For both you arrive at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. From there, it depends on where you're staying. You can take a cab out to the Queen Lane campus of Drexel. You could walk to Drexel's main campus (undergrad), which is a few blocks from the train station, and go on the shuttle to Hahnemann, and then from Hahnemann take the shuttle to Queen Lane. Technically you're supposed to have an ID, but I take the shuttle twice a day and they never ask for it. You can also take a train from 30th Street Station to about a block away from the Queen Lane campus. I don't remember which train, but it's one of the Regional Rails. It should say on the Drexel website.

It's really easy to do any of these things. I commuted twice a week between Philly and Manhattan. The public trains take about 3 hours total (more like 2.5 if you're lucky, but expect 3). There are also a few threads about this in the past if you want to search for them.

good luck...when's your Drexel interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
from NYC to philly? here're some options for you (this is from an old email to a friend in NYC... prices may be a little out of date):

1)SEPTA / NJTransit (train, comfortable; recommended). (Roundtrip around $30) Go to Penn Station in NYC (34th st) and buy a round trip ticket from
NJTransit to Philadelphia. Schedules can be found here:
http://www.septa.org/service/pdfs/R7.pdf . Off peak travel is cheaper.
You will have to change to a SEPTA train in Trenton, NJ. There will be
a horde of people doing the same thing and there should also be
someone pointing you towards the right train. if not, ask the nearest
conductor or go look at the departure monitor at the top of the
escalators. if you miss your connection, there'll be another train
along in 30-40min. Assuming you make the connection it's about a 2.5h
journey. Get off at 30th St Station Philadelphia.

2)AMTRAK (train, cushy; expensive, Roundtrip around $100+). Also at Penn
Station, get a ticket from Amtrak. Get off at 30th St Philadelphia.
Trip is about 1-1.5h, tix can be purchased online: www.amtrak.com

3)Greyhound Bus (comfort varies; round trip around $30). You take it from the Port
Authority (625 8th Ave I think). It's scheduled to take about 2-3h,
but you ALWAYS hit traffic going to and fro ny, and the seats are not always
the most comfortable.

So yeah. unless you're averse to trains, take SEPTA. feel free to PM me for more help if you need it.