How to get into Touro Pharmacy NY

Started by Walgreen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Walgreen

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I currently attend CUNY Hunter in New York and I was interested in applying to Touro Pharmacy. I have a Bachelors in Psychology but I fulfilled all the pre requisites needed for Touro. My overall GPA is a 3.1 and Pre requisite GPA of 2.9 and a PCAT of 70 and no pharmacy experience. I was wondering if I should and if it is recommended for me to take physics since I noticed it isn't a pre requisite for touro pharm and if my chances are fairly good of getting into Touro.
 
How low are the standards for admission into pharmacy school nowadays?

I don't understand why programs accept people with GPAs less than 3.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I currently attend CUNY Hunter in New York and I was interested in applying to Touro Pharmacy. I have a Bachelors in Psychology but I fulfilled all the pre requisites needed for Touro. My overall GPA is a 3.1 and Pre requisite GPA of 2.9 and a PCAT of 70 and no pharmacy experience. I was wondering if I should and if it is recommended for me to take physics since I noticed it isn't a pre requisite for touro pharm and if my chances are fairly good of getting into Touro.

To answer your question -- it wouldn't hurt to apply. The worst that could happen is they say no. I would say your scores may be under their average candidates who are accepted. If you can get pharmacy experience, that would help. You don't need any physics for pharmacy school. I would not take it.