How to get money for Nova nursing program

Started by PharmDr.
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmDr.

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have got interview with Nova soon and am curious how someone can pay for this school besides having savings. My family is in a financial situation and can not get private loans b/c of credit check. The tuition is 16k! for their program which is rediculous , but still am interested in school. The max is 10,500 for independent students for stafford loan but that is still 10k short of what I need cause I have already recieved a couple thousand for my current school this yr. Do hospitals pay students nursing tuition in partial or full since there is such a shortage if they will work for them after graduation? State schools are rediculously hard to get into with 3.5-3.7 gpas in florida. I only got 3.2 and it doesnt look like I could pull it up high enough to be competetive. CC have 2-5 yr. waiting lists around me also! It would be great if you guys could give any info on paying for nursing school. Thanks
 
PharmDr. said:
Have got interview with Nova soon and am curious how someone can pay for this school besides having savings. My family is in a financial situation and can not get private loans b/c of credit check. The tuition is 16k! for their program which is rediculous , but still am interested in school. The max is 10,500 for independent students for stafford loan but that is still 10k short of what I need cause I have already recieved a couple thousand for my current school this yr. Do hospitals pay students nursing tuition in partial or full since there is such a shortage if they will work for them after graduation? State schools are rediculously hard to get into with 3.5-3.7 gpas in florida. I only got 3.2 and it doesnt look like I could pull it up high enough to be competetive. CC have 2-5 yr. waiting lists around me also! It would be great if you guys could give any info on paying for nursing school. Thanks

i know that HCA gives 6,000 max. they give 3,000 the first year and another 3,000 when you're on your second year and you have to sign a contract with them for 2 years upon graduating...

while with baptist health, they give 7,500 if you sign a contract with them for a year..pm me if you want to see the application forms for baptist health (i still have it when i inquired last year)