How to get money for Nova nursing program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have got interview with Nova soon and am curious how someone can pay for this school besides having savings. My family is in a financial situation and can not get private loans b/c of credit check. The tuition is 16k! for their program which is rediculous , but still am interested in school. The max is 10,500 for independent students for stafford loan but that is still 10k short of what I need cause I have already recieved a couple thousand for my current school this yr. Do hospitals pay students nursing tuition in partial or full since there is such a shortage if they will work for them after graduation? State schools are rediculously hard to get into with 3.5-3.7 gpas in florida. I only got 3.2 and it doesnt look like I could pull it up high enough to be competetive. CC have 2-5 yr. waiting lists around me also! It would be great if you guys could give any info on paying for nursing school. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

PharmDr. said:
Have got interview with Nova soon and am curious how someone can pay for this school besides having savings. My family is in a financial situation and can not get private loans b/c of credit check. The tuition is 16k! for their program which is rediculous , but still am interested in school. The max is 10,500 for independent students for stafford loan but that is still 10k short of what I need cause I have already recieved a couple thousand for my current school this yr. Do hospitals pay students nursing tuition in partial or full since there is such a shortage if they will work for them after graduation? State schools are rediculously hard to get into with 3.5-3.7 gpas in florida. I only got 3.2 and it doesnt look like I could pull it up high enough to be competetive. CC have 2-5 yr. waiting lists around me also! It would be great if you guys could give any info on paying for nursing school. Thanks

i know that HCA gives 6,000 max. they give 3,000 the first year and another 3,000 when you're on your second year and you have to sign a contract with them for 2 years upon graduating...

while with baptist health, they give 7,500 if you sign a contract with them for a year..pm me if you want to see the application forms for baptist health (i still have it when i inquired last year)

just am reposting this thread