How to get off a waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hlam84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im waitlisted at a couple of school and im wondering what I can do to help my cause. I heard suggestions of calling the school, but what do I do just keep asking bout my status? Any suggestions or opinions is well appreciated. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

well for the most part the lists are set in stone....i asked my cuz who is on the board of her school and she said letters really dont help...it just makes people feel better about their chances..and that they did something. vs nothing.

yea
money.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't tell you what will help, but I can tell you that calling and talking to the hired secretary will do absolutely nothing for you.

Try a letter of update/interest.

Not absolutely nothing, Rob...you may get the secretary's digits.

well for the most part the lists are set in stone....i asked my cuz who is on the board of her school and she said letters really dont help...it just makes people feel better about their chances..and that they did something. vs nothing.

its good to know her advice speaks for ALL MED SCHOOLS and not just the med school she happens to work at.

letters of intent wont hurt you, hence do it.
the secretary's digits.......mmmm, what HAS this process done to some of us?:)

Porcelain16 clearly you didn't interview at PSU...

haha i didnt but damn, id like to have some cute male secretaries at some of my prospective schools!

I was told by one admissions director that praying may help.

ok i'm a noob i don't know how to delete this message

I'm somewhat surprised that someone hasn't suggested "Withdraw" as a way to get off the waitlist...

write them update/letters of intent to attend their school if admitted (at least to your favorite one), like tell them what neat things you've been doing since filling out ur amcas and close with something like "gaining admission to and attending _______ in the fall is my highest priority"