How to get published?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lorenzomicron

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear People,

I am a premedical sophomore who is doing a study on the research data I collected from the school health center on the swine flu. The nature of the research is epidemiological, and I did literature review and now am doing analysis with respect to the literature. The issue or nonissue is that I am not working with a professor or any person. I did all of this entirely by myself. I know some journals that have ran articles of a similar nature. But, will they accept my research paper eventhough I did it independently without anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Dear People,

I am a premedical sophomore who is doing a study on the research data I collected from the school health center on the swine flu. The nature of the research is epidemiological, and I did literature review and now am doing analysis with respect to the literature. The issue or nonissue is that I am not working with a professor or any person. I did all of this entirely by myself. I know some journals that have ran articles of a similar nature. But, will they accept my research paper eventhough I did it independently without anyone else?
Unless you are a PhD or an MD, not likely. That's just the way the system is, unfortunately. If you think your paper is really good, then I'd approach a doc who has published recently and is good with students, and talk to them about your situation. See if they'd be willing to help you get your paper published.

They will get an authorship as a result, but that's the cost of them showing you how the authorship process goes. For more, take a look at the research FAQ.