How to get research after Medical School?

Started by 62979
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

62979

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, I am an SGU 3rd year and am going to take a year off after med school. People have told me to get a research position in the field I am interested in so it doesn't look like I am slacking during that year. Maybe you can help me because our school isn't very helpful in this arena.

Any thoughts on good things to do to strengthen an application during a year off? Should I do research? Work in Africa (would rather not)?

How do I go about getting a research position? Are they paid? Is there a job-bank or Specific people I should contact?

Any info will help alot and would be much appreciated.

Thanks.