How to go from 11's in sciences to 13 range

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

studmuffin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have taken 3 practice tests so far, an Ive gotten three 11's in PS and a 9 and two 11's in BS. I have about a month left before my test (Aug 23). Should I focus on taking more practice tests or on reviewing content? I have 14 FLs left to work with; 7 AAMCs and 7 BR CBTs. I want to be scoring in the 13 range in BS and PS since my verbal will probably end up being an 8 or 9.
 
get more questions right.

on a more serious note you prob need to know basically everything and have a good scientific intuition to pinpoint the right answer from the wrong ones. although the majority of questions are based off your content foundation i would say, there are still questions that require good reasoning skills to take the info from the passage to get the right answer (like analyzing data properly, no mistakes, etc.)
 
I'm in same boat for PS what many on SDN have recommended is to use TBR, for physics and gchem, you could also try EK 101, to see what basic concepts you are missing review those concepts and then use TPRH science workbook for passage practice. That's my plan 🙂 good luck
 
I went from 9-12 in the PS section simply by reading my notes and not worrying about doing any practice problems at all (mind blowing, eh?) I understood concepts and how the variables in each equation related to each other ie PV=nrt, P directly proportional to T under constant pressure



It seemed to help me a lot to study this way for the PS. BS is still a mystery to me 😳