How to handle acceptance deadlines?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oliveborg722

Reaction score
Hi there!

I recently interviewed with a program and was fortunate enough to receive an acceptance. I quite like the program, but have interviews with other schools I am more interested in. The program that offered me acceptance gave me a deadline of sealing my spot by Feb 1, but my other interviews all take place throughout February.
I don't want to accept the first offer and not look into other schools, but I also don't want to ignore it and end up without a program to go to! Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is for an APA-accredited psychology doctoral program? I thought the deadline to notify a program of a decision to attend was April 15.
Isn't that only if they're CUDCP affiliated?

Isn't that only if they're CUDCP affiliated?
It's a bit wider than that. COGDOP and CUDCP openly set this bar. This covers most clinical programs. Counseling adheres to it as well generally. The April 15th resolution set by the Council of Graduate Schools is a pretty broadly accepted practice and is something APA pushes.

I would have questions about programs offering such fast deadlines and bucking what is standard. If you feel comfortable sharing in private, PM me the school. I would be interested and willing to offer more guidance.

Reactions: 5 users