How to Handle Disagreement with Direction of Manuscript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StrawberryTea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

I am writing a review paper with a senior resident (I'm a junior resident) and staff. I wrote the whole thing, sent it to the senior for editing, and she has cut out 50%+ of the manuscript.

I am willing to shorten the paper, but feel that this is a bit excessive. Unfortunately the senior is unwilling to meet me halfway... I disagree with the present state of the paper (I don't think it makes much sense now) to the point that I do not feel comfortable being the first author and being accountable for its current content.

My staff is extremely nice but to be honest I'm not even sure if she has read the paper or not.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am writing a review paper with a senior resident (I'm a junior resident) and staff. I wrote the whole thing, sent it to the senior for editing, and she has cut out 50%+ of the manuscript.

I am willing to shorten the paper, but feel that this is a bit excessive. Unfortunately the senior is unwilling to meet me halfway... I disagree with the present state of the paper (I don't think it makes much sense now) to the point that I do not feel comfortable being the first author and being accountable for its current content.

My staff is extremely nice but to be honest I'm not even sure if she has read the paper or not.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Do people respect her/has she been published a lot?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Have you written papers before? What are the character/word limits for this publication? If you are experienced and well within the limits, and feel the senior resident (who has contributed very little other than reading your manuscript) is wrong, you need to bring this up to the senior author (PI). They will sort this out.

Members don't see this ad :)
The OP did a post and run. Post this thread and never came back to check on it. So sad the Internet is used so flippantly these days...