MD How to improve in M2 year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

Highwalk

Rising MD M2 at a P/F internally ranked, systems-based curriculum. Our curriculum uses NBMEs, but their impact on our final grade varies per system. I have been using third party resources + Anking and have completed over half of the deck. I usually scored average on exams but I am now looking to improve my rank to be eligible for AOA - I am interested in academic residency programs, yet I do not come from a name brand school and as you all know, step 1 might be P/F for the class of 2023.

About my study style: I have reflected deeply on what did work and what didn't work, yet I am still trying to understand how I best study. I think my issue revolves around understanding the material before reviewing Anki - I've definitely struggled with learning the big picture of concepts. I also know what doesn't work for me and what resources aren't for me. I believe that I have the discipline to put in work, just not in an optimized format yet. I recognize that people tend to maintain their performance throughout medical school, but that doesn't mean that there is room for me to improve. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.