How to improve my chances and fix my mistakes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Veera22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first time posting here and I was hoping you guys could give me some advice/input to help my predicament.
So basically I'd like some advice on how I could recover from a low GPA after struggling through my junior year of university. I'm afraid that the damage might already be irreversible and my chances to a MD program completely blown away. But still I'd like to know your guys' take on it and I'd be happy for any suggestions. I'm already focusing my efforts on the MCAT and I think I can perform really well on that but I'd like to know whether a couple of bad grades will stop me from getting accepted to med school. And if not, what areas of my application can I focus on improving to offset the not-so-stellar GPA (i.e. extra curricular activities)? Or should I probably look into grad school in order to improve my overall chances? Thanks for any and all advice, it really is greatly appreciated!
If I left out any relevant details or if you guys need more information, just let me know and I'll gladly fill you in. Thanks once again!

Members don't see this ad.

How low is your gpa? How is your grade trend?

Reactions: 1 users
Overall GPA is around 2.9 and overall grade trend is As and Bs, with a couple of Cs (prior to my low grades junior year).

Members don't see this ad :)
A postbacc would benefit you a lot, like 2-4 semesters of 3.7+

Reactions: 1 user
Ace your remaining courses. Do a DIY post-bacc at any 4 year, and retake C/D/F courses, and courses you haven't taken. 3.9+ it to prove to adcoms you can handle the rigor of medical school. While doing that, beef up EC's.