How to include multiple leadership positions in EC's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted981412

I have too much stuff. I cut down on everything not so recent/not the most strong/repeats but still have 13 slots filled, and only 2 left for leadership activities. I was chair of 2 different groups on campus (for 2 and 3 years), a peer mentor for incoming freshmen (1 year, recent), a House Leader (same thing as an RA for 1 year, 7 years ago) and also chair of the majors on campus (1 year, 4 years ago).

I have the following three questions, and would love any adcom/past applicant insight:

1. Is it wise to club all the campus group ones together and then have one for the Majors committee (since it's a pre-health major)?

Or

2. should I pick two? If so which takes precedence--longest, or most recent?

And

3. I would also like to have a spot for swimming, which I do as a pastime and would like to include in my application as a way to talk about being able to manage stress and burnout and blah blah. Do you suggest that I keep this in, at the expense of a leadership EC? I will also have space to talk about this in my secondaries so not sure if that's worth putting in on this list.

Any thoughts would be greatly welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like you are a few years out of college. You might want to consider grouping all your collegiate activities into a single activity and use your final spot for being a peer mentor.

Alternatively, if you can free up one spot among your 13, you may want to consider making peer mentor its own activity, grouping the rest of your collegiate chairs together, and add your swimming spot.

Reactions: 1 user