How to join Research before residency application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aaworks2

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How to join Research before residency application? I'm planning on applying to ortho residency, and have been practicing for a few years; would love to find opportunities of research, if anyone could point me to the right directions (if I live pretty far away from dental schools)? Thank you so much!
Alicia
 
Try attending your State Orthodontic Association's events. There will surely be orthodontists involved with research or know people who are and can guide you in the right direction. Virtual research is always an option. Alternatively, you could also try cold emailing orthodontists that are involved in research or connect on Linkedin.
 
Good idea - Thank you guys! - I guess the last resort is attending a tuition-based internship, which would suck, when ortho isn't exactly a great field with nice opportunities any more... Just adding to the debt (which isn't a good thing). I just don't know anything else I enjoy working on; otherwise I wouldn't do this any more 🤣🤣🤣 (Sorry about the rant)