How to list involvement

Started by mmak
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mmak

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it says to list involvement from most recent. Does that mean started more recent or involved more recent?

For example, I volunteer at this kid's event every year and I have been doing this since 2004. But if I just did the event in August, should I list that as most recent? Then on the display it shows years, and since I started that activity in 2004, it looks like my order is all messed up...

Please help! 😀
 
i know what you mean. i just did that though. so mine looks a little out of order...even though i put most recent first. 🙂
 
check the instructions for each category of involvement, because some say to list the activities chronologically (vet, animal, and employment, i believe) and some say to list in order of importance (awards/honors and community activities). i have no reason to think this is the only way to do it, but for chronology, i listed things i am presently involved in at the top. if your entries overlap, maybe ask for clarification on the "questions for vmcas staff" thread.