how to list peer-reviewer on your CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dred Pirate

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Updating my CV - I serve a peer-reviewer for some journals - I was wondering if anyone else did this - and how they list it on your CV? this is not a paid position, just something to add a little fluff to my CV, and I actually enjoy doing it.

This is what I put - and I put it after my current job - since it is unpaid - the problem is that I have worked here for 15 years in four different positions, so it falls fairly low on my CV< and from my experience, it likely will get overlooked.

thoughts?

eer Reviewer
Journal of Pharmacy Practice, Sage Publications

Serve as a volunteer peer-reviewer for journal articles submitted for publication.
 
Updating my CV - I serve a peer-reviewer for some journals - I was wondering if anyone else did this - and how they list it on your CV? this is not a paid position, just something to add a little fluff to my CV, and I actually enjoy doing it.

This is what I put - and I put it after my current job - since it is unpaid - the problem is that I have worked here for 15 years in four different positions, so it falls fairly low on my CV< and from my experience, it likely will get overlooked.

thoughts?

eer Reviewer
Journal of Pharmacy Practice, Sage Publications

Serve as a volunteer peer-reviewer for journal articles submitted for publication.
Service. Also list voluntary and other committee experience (P&T, ER Safety, etc.) here.

Also, reviewer is understood to be a volunteer position, so don't write as such. Editor is different as there are both service (voluntary) and work experience (paid) versions.
 
Yeah, I would list it for internal promotion and tenure stuff, but would omit it from the CV.
I actually would put it in the CV, given how status conscious those clinical pharmacists are nowadays with collectables. I used to have that opinion until I found out how a couple of (meaningless) titles can get PharmDs to work for $40k less.