How to Make a Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctoritis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

I know lots of people post general resources that they are including in their study schedule, however - does anyone have a very specific day to day study schedule from now until boards? Or any guidance as to how to create one?? I mean everything from how many hours to put into class specific studying daily, to how many questions in Uworld/day or week (how much time to do them, how much time spent to review...), to how many pages in First Aid ... the real details.

I'm basically using Uworld, Pathoma, Gunner, First Aid... and will likely supplement other resources for my weak areas. If time permits, maybe I'll do another Qbank later, but my first priority is 2 passes through Uworld (one before school ends, one during the dedicated study time).

First Aid in general is a beast to get through - how do you guys approach it?! You can't just read this book, which is why I don't understand how people just 'do a certain amount of pages each day'... that is absolutely not equivalent to having things memorized from those pages and really understanding how they will be tested - any guidance here?

I know what resources I plan on using - but I'm more worried about not being able to balance them with school. I guess I'm also taking a different approach to school this semester - aka - screw lecture, use reputable resources to learn what is needed for boards, and I'm personally OK with taking the grade hit as long as I still pass and do a lot of boards studying. However, even so, I feel there is still so much work to do for class alone that I'm wondering how to balance boards with it... not to mention, I don't think 'just passing' is easy by any means and still requires a lot of effort. Has anyone who has tried this approach in their last semester have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
+1

With Step 1 coming up in June and trying to mange the courseload for the second semester of 2nd year...i would love to get some specific advice/plans on how to approach Step 1 studying. I currently plan to use FA 2013, USMLERx, and UWorld, Goljan audio, along with Pathoma and RR if necessary. Like OP, i would be okay taking a grade hit as long as I do fairly well on the board exam (ie: 240+)

Also: I quit gunner training this past week after being only at 22% banked w/ 9% mastery at the end of the first semester (started GT at beginning of 2nd year).