How to memorize Ochem rxn's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mardr2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any tips how to memorize rxn's reagents for orgo ?

Members don't see this ad.

Just keep writing them out.. Download chad's outline for the reactions, he has them all listed-literally every single one you'll need to know with an example of their products. Rewrite them and over and over. You can come up with mnemonics on some of them like BH3-THF- BAD HABIT- Leads to a SIN(syn addition)

Reactions: 1 users
Flash cards and lots of practice.

If you have Destroyer, you can do this: photocopy the road map pages. Then photo copy them again two times. On one page, use whiteout for all reagents, and on the other use whiteout for the products. Then make tons of copies. I would complete 1 set of each every day until I had them all memorized. I would also carry around the flashcards everywhere and quiz myself whenever I had a few minutes of free time. best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The best way is doing them over and over. First rewrite Destroyer road maps several times. You do not have to follow that order, any order will do. Then do practice problems, either from Destroyer or Kaplan or CrackDAT. The pro problems you do, the more you will remember.