app question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brockhamptonfanacct

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I highly doubt anyone will strike you for working on a local campaign.

Members don't see this ad :)
  • Will have 100-150 hours by the time I apply (possibly more)
  • Candidate I intern for has held a Congressional position before; the campaign I specifically am interning for is one where he is running for a local, municipal position
  • Candidate is affiliated with a political party
  • I've learned a lot of valuable skills and gained experience through this internship, so it is something I would like to mention
While I would like to discuss the merits of the internship itself, I would like to avoid political animosity/my interviewer or app reviewer forming preconceived notions about me based on the affiliation of the candidate I intern for.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to proceed? One of my research mentors suggested I not include the candidate's name and only the campaign I interned for; any thoughts on that as well?
Involvement in politics is very rare among pre-meds. I think it's a good thing, Just mention "canvasser for Rep. Jane Smith" or data tabulator and website design, State Senatorial candidate John Jones.".

Involvement in politics is very rare among pre-meds. I think it's a good thing, Just mention "canvasser for Rep. Jane Smith" or data tabulator and website design, State Senatorial candidate John Jones.".

Thank you! I appreciate you seeing it favorably.

Reactions: 1 user