How to mention a political internship on my application?

brockhamptonfanacct

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
  • Will have 100-150 hours by the time I apply (possibly more)
  • Candidate I intern for has held a Congressional position before; the campaign I specifically am interning for is one where he is running for a local, municipal position
  • Candidate is affiliated with a political party
  • I've learned a lot of valuable skills and gained experience through this internship, so it is something I would like to mention
While I would like to discuss the merits of the internship itself, I would like to avoid political animosity/my interviewer or app reviewer forming preconceived notions about me based on the affiliation of the candidate I intern for.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to proceed? One of my research mentors suggested I not include the candidate's name and only the campaign I interned for; any thoughts on that as well?

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
  • Will have 100-150 hours by the time I apply (possibly more)
  • Candidate I intern for has held a Congressional position before; the campaign I specifically am interning for is one where he is running for a local, municipal position
  • Candidate is affiliated with a political party
  • I've learned a lot of valuable skills and gained experience through this internship, so it is something I would like to mention
While I would like to discuss the merits of the internship itself, I would like to avoid political animosity/my interviewer or app reviewer forming preconceived notions about me based on the affiliation of the candidate I intern for.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to proceed? One of my research mentors suggested I not include the candidate's name and only the campaign I interned for; any thoughts on that as well?
Involvement in politics is very rare among pre-meds. I think it's a good thing, Just mention "canvasser for Rep. Jane Smith" or data tabulator and website design, State Senatorial candidate John Jones.".

brockhamptonfanacct

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Involvement in politics is very rare among pre-meds. I think it's a good thing, Just mention "canvasser for Rep. Jane Smith" or data tabulator and website design, State Senatorial candidate John Jones.".

Thank you! I appreciate you seeing it favorably.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.