How to mention entering masters program in application?

Started by 111111111
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

111111111

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to dental schools this year, I have a low GPA but a good DAT score. I got into at least one masters program this fall (one of those biomedical sciences ones) so far. How do I mention that I am going to start that program in my application? I know I should definitely mention it in the interview but I would obviously have to bank on even getting an interview. I don't know any specific courses I will be taking at the moment (as I haven't committed/enrolled in classes). I'm not sure what to do at the moment as the time is ticking to submit it as well. Or do I do it in the secondaries?
 
Last edited:
i am in same situation as you - at the end of my PS i wrote "blah blah and i am also pursuing my masters at _____ to help reach my goal of being a dentist" and also put it all my planned courses in AADSAS
 
i am in same situation as you - at the end of my PS i wrote "blah blah and i am also pursuing my masters at _____ to help reach my goal of being a dentist" and also put it all my planned courses in AADSAS

But how do you enter planned courses when you haven't begun your master's program yet? (starts in Fall, right?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a list of courses offered so should I just fill out a generic course layout (for fall and spring)? The core is mostly the same but there are some electives. And side question, can you add school designations after e submitting?
 
If you are a reapplicant you can put it in the "what has changed since you last applied?" and say that you were accepted into a masters program and will be starting in Fall. You also can changed planned coursework after e-submitting because it is all tentative and not concrete.