How to Not Freak Out While Taking Naplex 2nd Time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxGirl07042010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my 90 days will be up in a few weeks, and as each day nears, I get happy and scared at the same time. I know a few people have also had to retake the naplex on here, so my question is (as the title indicates)...how did you not freak out the second time? I had taken the prenaplex the first time before I took the naplex initially and got a 59...I retook it yesterday and got 104, but even when I was taking the prenaplex I was freaking out. I just don't want to be freaking out during my naplex. I have been studying prontopass and the 120 math questions. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It is easy to freak out but trust me amidst all this we gain strength that will prepare us. Take a deep breath and stop the studying the day before or the evening before the exam. Clear your mind and then take the exam. Also do not rush through the exam. I had only 5 minutes left on the clock when I finished mine but I did not rush through the exam. You will be fine.
Good luck

RxGirl,

One thing I tried was running everyday in the am, then reviewing the prontopass material, and that helped a lot. I stop studying 4 days before to allow all the information to be stored. forget about the exam one or two days that helped me to get to the exam centre more relaxed. I am not sure if this could work for you. Good luck and you will do just fine!!

Oncopharm

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Yeah I def don't plan on studying a few days before. I am trying to memorize all top 200, but there is about 20 of them I can't remember, and I bet you those will be on my naplex! Another thing that sucks is waiting for the ATT, did everyone get there att exactly 91 days?

Thanks! Yeah I def don't plan on studying a few days before. I am trying to memorize all top 200, but there is about 20 of them I can't remember, and I bet you those will be on my naplex! Another thing that sucks is waiting for the ATT, did everyone get there att exactly 91 days?

I got mine on the 87th :confused:

By the way i did freak out during my second time. i really wanted to cry. what i did was took the break that was offered to me and went to the bathroom to do some deep breathing exercises and stretched a little and that helped me calm down.

yeah, i definitely did NOT take the 10 minute break b/c I only had 30 left and that was a BIG MISTAKE b/c they were mostly math so it took an extra hour instead of the 10 minutes I was planning on. By then I was starving and exhausted and I will not be making that mistake the second time! Good luck you can do it!

Yeah the first time I took it i didn't take the break either and my last questions were math but I was too hungry to even concentrate :(