How to Pass Anatomy & Physiology and Intro to Physics?

bibivicenzo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! This summer semester I will be taking Anatomy & Physiology and Intro to Physics at my local community college as dual enrollment. I've heard that Anatomy is ridiculously hard and has caused many people to even change majors. Any tips on how to successfully pass the class? Additionally, I am really interested in physics concepts, but I am kinda nervous about understanding Intro to Physics as I've heard you simply get it or you don't - any tips on how to understand and pass physics?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! This summer semester I will be taking Anatomy & Physiology and Intro to Physics at my local community college as dual enrollment. I've heard that Anatomy is ridiculously hard and has caused many people to even change majors. Any tips on how to successfully pass the class? Additionally, I am really interested in physics concepts, but I am kinda nervous about understanding Intro to Physics as I've heard you simply get it or you don't - any tips on how to understand and pass physics?
I just finished my intro to physics course for college credit. So I will give you my thoughts on physics. First off, I hope your algebra/trig skills are solid. If you passed Alg./Trig or pre calc then you should do fine on the math part of physics. Concept wise... It depends on how the teacher explains it to you. Personally I had a decentish teacher and I finished off with a B. Keep in mind my teacher also only put in quiz, test, and project grades, so homework was optional. Let me just say if you are stuck in that situation, do the homework. I don't care if it's optional, when the test comes around you'll thank me later. Also review, review, review. This is what makes the difference between a student who passes and a student who fails. Also don't fall behind. I had a friend in class who fell way behind and he failed the class. My final advice would be to just relax. Study hard, take breaks, and just relax. There is no point in stressing out and burning out. Just remember, as long as you study, and I mean like study without any distractions you will be fine. Now physics may come easier to some people than others, but if it didn't come easy to you like in my situation, just be ready to work twice as hard just to get up there. That isn't to discourage you, but just know that situations like that will happen. If you have any other questions about physics, just p.m me and I will be happy to reply.

Understand why things happen in anatomy. Practice throwing monkey-wrenches at yourself and seeing what would happen with XYZ going on or stopping. Don't just memorize unless it's for a practical; even then, there's usually a reason something is where it's at. Learn that reason.

Practice your terms until you can recite them to your teacher or family perfectly. Teaching others is a great tool. Errors a lot of people make are not caring enough to learn fully (just giving up and saying, "eh, I'll be fine"), because you won't be, and getting behind, because it all stacks on itself.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

I recently just finished up Physics 2 (just graduated college), so I'm not sure if you're will be taking both Physics 1 and 2 but I'll throw some advice your way. I was not one of those people that was natural in physics and I had to work hard especially in the beginning because the train of thought is unlike any other discipline (in my opinion). Once you mentally get in the physics mode the material starts to sink in a lot easier. However, the biggest thing is just trying to understand the concepts rather than remembering every detail because the physics questions themselves won't be repetitive but the concepts involved will be, so just pay attention to the themes and process.

Like any other class, physics is about building blocks so be sure to reach out to your professor or other sources if you need to go over certain concepts. I'd suggest hammering in the concept of vectors as soon as possible when you go over it in class because it will come up over and over again, and it is part of the foundation of many things in physics. Lastly, I'd suggest reviewing a few basic algebraic concepts if you are a little rusty because it will help smooth things out when you go through problems, but most teachers will go over algebra especially if it is a multi-step algebraic problem.

Good luck!! Feel free to message me or post here if you have any other questions, I still have my big notebook stocked full of notes haha.