How to Pick A Premed School

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AttemptingScholar

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into GW, BU, NYU, NEU, UCDavis, UCSB. Does anyone have any advice? Is there any place I can see what percent of med school applicants from these schools matriculate? Do any do severe grade deflation or anything else that will hurt me?
 
I got into GW, BU, NYU, NEU, UCDavis, UCSB. Does anyone have any advice? Is there any place I can see what percent of med school applicants from these schools matriculate? Do any do severe grade deflation or anything else that will hurt me?

There's lots of students from all of those schools listed that do well and go on to medical school. There's also plenty that failed out miserably.

Go to the school that will give you the best chance of success. Whether that's size, program that you're interested in, proximity to family/friends, etc. Only you can make those determinations.