How to Prepare for MCAT?

stargirl1001

May 24, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi Guys!

I am taking the MCAT in August and have some questions on how you guys used your AAMC materials. Right now I am working through the Kaplan 3rd Edition books and I have TPR (will use practice passages) and then I have all of the AAMC review material. When should I start using the AAMC material? When should I start doing passage based questions? How long should I spend on content review ? Are the Kaplan summaries sufficient enough?

TIA

JimKimSlim

Feb 5, 2020
  1. Medical Student
Three months of preparation time is pretty tight but definitely doable. Unlike you, I took my time preparing for the MCAT over a span of 5 months. However, if I were in your shoes, I would wrap up reviewing Kaplan books as soon as possible (like 1 month), supplemented with KA videos and rigorous Anki deck. Then, start doing passage based questions and third party practice FL's (Altius or NS) for 2 weeks. Around 6 to 8 weeks before test day, you should begin with AAMC section banks and CARS QPack, and then move onto AAMC Sample Test --> AAMC FL 1,2,3 & 4. If you follow this right, your AAMC FL4 score should reflect what you would get on the actual test.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.