How to prepare for pharmacy school interview in 2ish weeks when the only reason I got an interview is due to being a PA reject?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OP, since you created a 4th thread about the same thing I thought I'd bring up a different downside to pharmacy. Do you have any idea how crappy pharmacist schedules are? You'll be working evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Does that sound nice to you? I don't know what your date life is like but here is a good read for you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OP, since you created a 4th thread about the same thing I thought I'd bring up a different downside to pharmacy. Do you have any idea how crappy pharmacist schedules are? You'll be working evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Does that sound nice to you? I don't know what your date life is like but here is a good read for you.

Truthfully speaking a lot of the pharmacists I have worked with during my rotations, both retail and non-retail, are absolutely miserable and toxic. I am sure that their home lives are not much better.

Plus you graduate with $200k+ in debt and have a hard time finding a job which makes you a huge financial liability for a partner.

Truthfully speaking a lot of the pharmacists I have worked with during my rotations, both retail and non-retail, are absolutely miserable and toxic. I am sure that their home lives are not much better.

Plus you graduate with $200k+ in debt and have a hard time finding a job which makes you a huge financial liability for a partner.

Honestly I only know a few pharmacists who aren't miserable most of the time.

Members don't see this ad :)

I am starting to lean towards nursing, already speaking to a program which is 16months and around 50k.

Reactions: 3 users
I am starting to lean towards nursing, already speaking to a program which is 16months and around 50k.

Excellent choice, you can do it even cheaper at a public school. You should look into travel nursing. Your flights and housing will be paid for at desirable locations.

Like @mentos said, check public schools - you should be able to do better than $50k.

My local community college has a 2 year program that costs less than $10k total!!

Like @mentos said, check public schools - you should be able to do better than $50k.

My local community college has a 2 year program that costs less than $10k total!!

That's the way to do it. Become an RN at a cheap community college, then get BSN at a state university. Some nurses work during school and graduate with zero debt!

Reactions: 1 users
That's the way to do it. Become an RN at a cheap community college, then get BSN at a state university. Some nurses work during school and graduate with zero debt!
Yup, and some employers pay for their nurses continuing education

😂 Breeder, I’ll have you know I’ve given up long ago…realizing free time remaining after working is better spent NOT becoming a breeder. No financial compromises, autonomy/freedom (when not working obviously), & time for personal growth/development 🌱

😂 Breeder, I’ll have you know I’ve given up long ago…realizing free time remaining after working is better spent NOT becoming a breeder. No financial compromises, autonomy/freedom (when not working obviously), & time for personal growth/development 🌱

Uh, you can date without having kids.