How to stop loupes from fogging

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whothat0

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't stop my loupes from fogging up with a mask on for the life of me. Any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

you can use a portable neck fan -- it stops the fogging

I can't stop my loupes from fogging up with a mask on for the life of me. Any tips?
Medical plastic tape across the top to make a seal

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I always do the earloop twist thing and then it vents from the sides instead of fogging up the loupes.

Amazon product

This is my go-to. Works like a charm and hardly any issues with skin sensitivity or peeling afterwards.

Better for sensitive skin but wouldn’t stick on my oily and sweaty face unless I put duct tape over it

Reactions: 1 user
Tape the top of your mask.
Wear your mask inappropriately low.
Wear your Eyewear lower on your nose.
Get the lenses treated with anti fog spray.
Alcohol pads over the lenses help, but destroy whatever coatings you have on your lenses.

This actually defeats the purpose of wearing the mask.
Does it though? I'm too lazy to look up any research on it (if it even exists), but I feel good enough knowing it will still block and protect.

Reactions: 1 user
These wipes work great. I usually apply twice a day with the same wipe. Fold neatly back into packaging and it maintains the moistness. Amazon
still has good pricing and availability.
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 8.49.09 AM.png

It seems when the room gets warm, I get more fogging problems. It's usually resolved when the AC kicks in.

Last edited:
Does it though? I'm too lazy to look up any research on it (if it even exists), but I feel good enough knowing it will still block and protect.
Yes. As you mentioned the air ventilates through the larger gap you created by twisting the earloops. It may be better than not wearing it but it compromises the proper fit of the face mask. You would be inhaling all the aerosols that were created during the procedure. I may be wrong as in it does not have significant difference but if I were you, I would not risk it. After all, it is your own health.