how to study dental decks only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Study Partner

Dr
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can people who have passed their exam and studied decks only quide us future test takers as to how we can study the decks.

1. Did you memorize them?
2. Read them thoroughly a couple of times?
3. How many months?

Thanks in advance
 
Can people who have passed their exam and studied decks only quide us future test takers as to how we can study the decks.

1. Did you memorize them?
2. Read them thoroughly a couple of times?
3. How many months?

Thanks in advance

Everyone is different in the way they can study. Memorization might work for you...but i have to go back and back sure why things are the way they are. i learn more from pictures and examples.

Bottomline do what works best for you!
 
I studied them for 2.5 weeks and aside from released exams they were the only things that I studied.. And I passed. This is what I did:

Every day I went through about 100 cards. The first time I would thoroughly read them, then I would go trough them again and everything I didn't know I would make into a q & a study guide. I would memorize that study guide, and review it at the end of the week, then again right before the exam.
 
Studied for 13 days using only 2012-2013 decks and ASDA exams and passed. Went through 40 cards from each section (except DA) each day. With about 4 days left I started studying DA, but went through the DA section in 2 days then once again each day before the exam. I put aside cards I wasn't sure about from all sections and made several notebooks of notes and points I thought were important to remember. Went through the cards I put aside, several times, and flipped through my notebook several times. Dental decks, asda papers, and recollection from Dental School classes are enough to succeed on the exam.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Studied for 13 days using only 2012-2013 decks and ASDA exams and passed. Went through 40 cards from each section (except DA) each day. With about 4 days left I started studying DA, but went through the DA section in 2 days then once again each day before the exam. I put aside cards I wasn't sure about from all sections and made several notebooks of notes and points I thought were important to remember. Went through the cards I put aside, several times, and flipped through my notebook several times. Dental decks, asda papers, and recollection from Dental School classes are enough to succeed on the exam.

Congratulations!!! Do you stil have your desks and ASDA?? If so, could you sell me or share with me please. Thanks