Passed the INBDE (March 2026) – 2 Month Study Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dental10101

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a third year dental student and passed the INBDE on March 17–18, 2026. I studied for about two months while balancing clinic, averaging around 3–4 hours a day after clinic.

Resources
  • I mainly used Booster for content and both Booster and Bootcamp for questions. I used:
    • Booster cheat sheets and study notes
    • Booster and Bootcamp question banks + mock exams
Study Strategy
  • I made a topic-based schedule and focused on finishing certain topics each week. My approach was:
    • Review cheat sheets → do questions → review explanations
  • Questions were the most important part of my studying. I made sure to review not just the correct answer, but also why the other choices were wrong.
  • I started with topic-based questions, then later did a second pass using random sets from missed and bookmarked questions.

Exam vs Practice
  • The real exam felt very similar to Booster and a bit harder than Bootcamp. The case sets were especially similar in style.
  • For me, pharm, prosth, and oral medicine were high yield. Most of the dental topics were evenly distributed and Booster covered everything I saw. Occlusion and genetics barely showed up for me.

What Helped Most
  • Staying consistent after clinic every day
  • Deeply reviewing explanations for every question
  • Using both Bootcamp and Booster helped, but honestly Booster alone would likely be enough.

Exam Day
  • I slept early, woke up about 2.5 hours before, and kept food light (just nuts, granola, and a banana). I took short breaks instead of the full time.
  • For questions, I avoided over-flagging and trusted my gut. I only flagged questions I truly wanted to revisit.

Final Tips
  • Do as many questions as possible, this is the best way to learn the content
  • Read every explanation carefully, there are many questions that ask “which is NOT…”
Underestimated: How hard some sections can feel. My first section was tough, but everything is scaled so don’t panic.