How to study for DAT using Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Awuah29

Christian predent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
what kind of techniques do you guys apply studying from the blue Kaplan book. I read the book to understand every topic covered. Is it helpful to also do memo cards? Do you guys focus on the bold words highlighted in the book? Or is it better to memorize the whole passage? Guys give me some input! i would like to get in the 20"s I guess I have to make the Kaplan blue book my second Bible! What do guys think ?

Members don't see this ad.

1. I'd memorize as much as possible
2. Take a practice test to see where you are at
3. If you don't like the results, memorize some more
4. Repeat 1, 2, & 3 until you are satisfied with your scores
5. If that doesn't work, pay $1,000 and take the course

That's my method!

You need to work problems...over and over again. So if all you have is the Kaplan Blue Book, I don't think that will be enough. It has all the subject material you need to do well, but it doesn't have enough problem sets. So you'll need to get additional problem sets from places like Kaplan class, ExamKrackers, TopScore. You definitely have to memorize to some degree, but also go for understanding the material, especially if you have time.

Everybody is talking about Kaplan problem sets. Can I just called Kaplan to let them send me their problem sets?

Kaplan problem sets are part of the Kaplan class and curriculum...so you need to take the class to have access to that material. It's an expensive class. Other alternatives include using the Examkracker books which are much less expensive.