How to tell if a program will take COMLEX only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zepman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interested in IM and FM programs that historically take many DOs. Is this enough to determine if they don’t require USMLE? How can I tell if that’s a requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

Interested in IM and FM programs that historically take many DOs. Is this enough to determine if they don’t require USMLE? How can I tell if that’s a requirement?
not sure how strong of a resource it is but on residency explorer if you look at specific programs it will say if level1/step 1 level2/step2 are required for interview

If they historically take DOs then I would say no usmle needed. You can check to see in they used to me AOA and then they definitely don’t need it. I’m applying family med, Comlex only and I have not had any issues hitting the 15 interviews I wanted. I really don’t think it’s nneeded unless you want to go some big academic center, where in some Cases just being a DO is going to be a no. Which FYI according to the merger no programs can legally require USMLE they can only “highly encourage“ it. Not that ever seems to matter 🤷‍♀️