How to tell if a program will take COMLEX only?

Started by Zepman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zepman

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interested in IM and FM programs that historically take many DOs. Is this enough to determine if they don’t require USMLE? How can I tell if that’s a requirement?
 
Interested in IM and FM programs that historically take many DOs. Is this enough to determine if they don’t require USMLE? How can I tell if that’s a requirement?
not sure how strong of a resource it is but on residency explorer if you look at specific programs it will say if level1/step 1 level2/step2 are required for interview
 
If they historically take DOs then I would say no usmle needed. You can check to see in they used to me AOA and then they definitely don’t need it. I’m applying family med, Comlex only and I have not had any issues hitting the 15 interviews I wanted. I really don’t think it’s nneeded unless you want to go some big academic center, where in some Cases just being a DO is going to be a no. Which FYI according to the merger no programs can legally require USMLE they can only “highly encourage“ it. Not that ever seems to matter 🤷‍♀️