• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

srsbusiness

Apr 12, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi, I tried searching but I can't seem to find out how I can tell what edition of the TBR books I have...
Can anyone give me some guidance?

StilgarMD

10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
if you look up a post by BRTeach, and look in his Sig, it notes what edition a book is by the cover. the plastic covers seem to be the newest ones.

About the Ads

StilgarMD

10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
Jesus. more like smoke signal.

i wonder if im the only one who feels bad for BRTeach. he never responds to the criticism, and i doubt he can really do anything about the archaic site and horrible communications, hes just a representative... but damn. someone at TBR must read the complaints and say "Yet you still buy from us." lol

Shalashaska

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I think BR wants to keep their business local. That's the only reason I can think of as far as BR is concerned with keeping their home-study business "archaic". That being said, the books are the best in mine and many other peoples' opinions.

Either way, online shopping is relatively new and using credit card/money order, the books should arrive within 2 weeks. I live in Florida and that's how long it took. Better than filling out an order for a free toy on the back of a box of Fruit Loops and waiting 6-8 weeks for it.

StilgarMD

10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
What incentive do they have for keeping it local though? quality control, i imagine, so they may not expand all over the world and open centers, but that shouldn't keep them from making their home study course something so difficult to order. and wtf is with their shipping cost. 17 dollars for 2 books? why? media mail would cost like 4 bucks. that's inexcusable in my opinion.

Shalashaska

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Yeah, the whole shipping thing is pretty ridiculous. I've paid $4 for better shipping quality. They squeezed the books I ordered into a stuffed cardboard box. Fed-Ex for the win.

I guess in their minds, expanding the business and creating a brand is more of a hassle than a convenience.

srsbusiness

Apr 12, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
The thing is.. they called me from a private number on a Sunday to confirm my order..
(I mailed out my stuff but my check wasn't going to clear till Monday)
So I told them that the check will clear Monday.
He said he'll charge and process my order Tuesday.
Hasn't been charged yet... and no response for phone calls =[

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Jesus. more like smoke signal.

i wonder if im the only one who feels bad for BRTeach. he never responds to the criticism, and i doubt he can really do anything about the archaic site and horrible communications, hes just a representative... but damn. someone at TBR must read the complaints and say "Yet you still buy from us." lol

He's explained the situation a few times and I understand BR's position, but I still think they should drastically improve their ordering system.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.