How to Thank for Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banana5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

You could buy the doctors some type of basket of something. Have it placed in the doctors' lounge with a thank you note.

You can probably buy a fruit basket or a plate of brownies or something like that pretty cheap and people always appreciate free food.

The surgeons I was shadowing always met together first thing in the morning. On my last day of shadowing, I stopped at a bakery (they usually open super early) and bought some fresh baked goods on the way to the hospital, which were very much appreciated. I don't think that's too girly for ya :)

Members don't see this ad :)
HelenaP said:
The surgeons I was shadowing always met together first thing in the morning. On my last day of shadowing, I stopped at a bakery (they usually open super early) and bought some fresh baked goods on the way to the hospital, which were very much appreciated. I don't think that's too girly for ya :)

Yeah that is a good idea, I think anything like this is great. The thing is, doctors have the money to buy things. So get them something that is convenient, like giving them a bunch of pastries they didn't have to buy or go get is a nice gesture. Anyway they will appreciate the gesture no matter what you get them.

A well-written, thoughtful thank-you card is more than enough.

I just re-read your post and saw that you shadowed a number of people in the ER. The baked goods thing or fruit basket idea sounds good, and a thoughtful thank-you card to the person who allowed you to shadow in the first place sounds fine.

HelenaP said:

I agree with Helena.

Food is unisex. I will accept a brownie from male or female.

I think that's the best way to show appreciation for the whole group.
-Dr. P.

P.S.: That is the cutest bunny I've ever seen. Even cuter than Master's. (Shhh, don't tell her I said that :smuggrin: ).

Yeah I agree with all the above. Bagels are a popular thing at the hospital I work in. Buy a couple dozen bagels and butter and cream cheese to go with it. Don't forget to include the thank you note.