Psychology How to transfer US Masters in counseling psychology to Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of getting my masters degree. I wanted to see if anyone has any experience or information on transferring Psych degrees to Australia to work I have read what I could on the Australian Counseling Association and APA sites, but wanted more info.

I don't really think we understand your question. Where are you in your master's program, and are you trying to complete your degree before going to Australia or do you intend to finish it there? One doesn't really "transfer degrees" but one transfers coursework towards a degree.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a year into my Masters program. I am finishing my program in the United States. By transfer, I mean getting it evaluated by the Australian Board of Psychology. You cannot get your degree evaluated unless it’s complete. I’m asking if anyone has had experience with this, so I can get a better picture of the process.

I'm not sure many folks here will have experience with this situation, unfortunately. My recommendation in this case would be, if possible, to contact the Australian board directly. They may even have documents or a form email prepared to clarify the process a bit. I know of multiple folks with their doctorate who've moved and now work overseas as psychologists, but none with a masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.