Jul 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
In a shocking turn of events, I got an interview invite to my top choice school on Sunday and I interviewed there yesterday! I LOVE the school, and they expressed that if we are really interested in matriculating there that we should feel free to write to the admissions office about it, which I assume is code for "send a letter of intent." I don't have any connections to anyone who has applied to med school who could guide me through that, so I'm just googling samples and hoping for the best, but would anyone have any advice or tips to offer for things to say and not to say? Thanks in advance!

Jun 17, 2019
Keep it short and sweet - brevity is key. Name two or three things you actually like about the school, thank them for their time, and make it clear you'll matriculate.

I had a very succinct LOI composed of two paragraphs, one of which included an update (publication). This worked well for me

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Keep it short and sweet - brevity is key. Name two or three things you actually like about the school, thank them for their time, and make it clear you'll matriculate.

I had a very succinct LOI composed of two paragraphs, one of which included an update (publication). This worked well for me
Thank you!!

About the Ads
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.