How to write down internship in ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ygmd1980

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, would love ppl's intake on these matter:
I'm in the middle of a 1 year internship in my home country, it's mandatory for doctors after graduation before starting their residencies, it includes rotations in Medicine, Surgery, Peds, E.R, etc.
Before you ask, it's not like the rotations students do in the US, it's part of the training doctors undergo in my country (Israel).

Should I write down each rotation separately or just the fact that i'm doing the internship?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, would love ppl's intake on these matter:
I'm in the middle of a 1 year internship in my home country, it's mandatory for doctors after graduation before starting their residencies, it includes rotations in Medicine, Surgery, Peds, E.R, etc.
Before you ask, it's not like the rotations students do in the US, it's part of the training doctors undergo in my country (Israel).

Should I write down each rotation separately or just the fact that i'm doing the internship?

It comes under Works Experience.

Some people may say that its part of your degree, but I think its good to mention your degree dates with inclusion of Internship year and then write Internship separately in Work Experience.

probably goes under training, i mean, they have "osteopathic internship" under training, so

probably goes under training, i mean, they have "osteopathic internship" under training, so

I was also thinking this, but if you see the drop-down menu option "Type of Training" in ERAS > Application > Training Page, it gives you only three options - 1. Residency, 2. Osteopathic Internship and 3. Fellowship.

So, I think that a foreign country's Internship won't qualify for any of these types, and thus can only be listed under ERAS > Application > Experience Page.

Will be great if any Program Director here on the forum may provide some input here.

thanks for the replay, but i'm actually asking if I should specify the different wards I attend on the internship or just mention that I am doing it.
The subject of where to put it is pretty straight forward...

thanks for the replay, but i'm actually asking if I should specify the different wards I attend on the internship or just mention that I am doing it.
The subject of where to put it is pretty straight forward...

No...just describe it as a "general internship." Nobody will care about the clinical content of experience other than as an explanation for what you've been doing for that year.

Reactions: 1 user