how viable is Philippine med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameWasUsed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm not pre-med but just out of curiosity how viable is it to attend a PI medical school and match a semi competitive residency (emergency med maybe?) back in the states. I've read the past threads related to this topic but I just want to hear about more recent opinions. Wouldn't it just be better to attend a DO school in the states? Also why go to different country for med school? Is this option for students with extremely low stats that even the DO schools wont take them? Or just because PI med school is so much cheaper? Any response would be appreciated :D

Members don't see this ad.

AMA school of medicine Makati, Manila , Philippines

Much has been hyped since 2014 about AMA school of medicine in Makati, Manila. The faculty of medicine run by group of college under AMA computer college may be a good option to study in Philippines but is actually a money laundering organisation.

The college makes its all aspirants pay a sum of 3500 US$ advance fee in the name of AMA computer college and incase the visa is refused by the embassy ( Kindly note that philippines has no rule to issue a student visa. Any student travelling there is only travelling on a tourist visa which needs to be converted there with bribe) the college makes lame excuses to refund the money. The college is making hay, having understood that Indians and other nationalities looking to study in philippines for medical program will do anything to get a place in a medical college. They are collecting money from student about 8000 $ in the first year for a Bachelor of Science program and in case the student isnt able to reach the college because of visa issues the college refuses to refund their advance fee. Repetitive correspondence with the college or even their representative in India i.e. NV foundation leads no where as they might also be involved in this.

IF ANY ONE NEEDS PROOF OF THESE ACTIVITIES KINDLY POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND A PROOF SHALL BE SENT TO YOU BY EMAIL.

It is hence suggested to whoever is going to study abroad never to choose AMA medical college.

The college has no hostel or hospital attached to it. They are just a small organisation with a rented place trying to siphon off money from Indian students promising them high quality education and American dreams. The college is a very small place with no actual infrastructure. NEVER GO TO STUDY IN AMA COLLEGE OF MEDICINE.

Dear sir,
I kindly request you to send the proof