How well does AAMC prepare for real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhiteCoatSyndrome

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've been going through AAMC exams and was wondering how representative they are of the real thing. A lot of people say the real thing is more difficult, but many people still score within their AAMC average.
 
Makes sense if you think about it, people that scored much below their average will say its harder while people that score around their average will say its representative.
 
The AAMC tests are old MCATs, so they should prepare you well.
Just on the real one there's experimental questions that are not counted, and the curve may be different.
When I took it the first time I did better on the real test than on my practices. This time I imagine it will be about the same.