How/When to send LORs to schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools require you to have LORs ready with your secondary to get completed? Do you send the schools your LORs as soon as you submit the secondary? I think LECOM only asks you for LORs if you are offered an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools require you to have LORs ready with your secondary to get completed? Do you send the schools your LORs as soon as you submit the secondary? I think LECOM only asks you for LORs if you are offered an interview.

Most. I wasn't complete at most of my schools until my LORs went out, for those that send completion updates/list them on a portal. I think WVSOM doesn't look at your LORs until they decide to interview you, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't want them in before they offer one.

Do you send the letters to the schools as soon as you submit your secondary?

Do you send the letters to the schools as soon as you submit your secondary?

Sooner, I'd say. That way when they get your secondary the letters are ready to go, and you'll be complete. They don't pitch your letters if you send them early, they start a file for you.