How will an incident with the law affect getting your license.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, So I got arrested for speeding and aggresive driving. I thought it wasn't more than a traffic offense, but I happend to get the wrong cop. Now my lawyer says I'll probably get a ajudication withheld which means no conviction because my driving record is otherwise clean, but worst case senario I was wondering how would a minor mistimeanor affect getting licensed because they do a background check.

Members don't see this ad.

ok, So I got arrested for speeding and aggresive driving. I thought it wasn't more than a traffic offense, but I happend to get the wrong cop. Now my lawyer says I'll probably get a ajudication withheld which means no conviction because my driving record is otherwise clean, but worst case senario I was wondering how would a minor mistimeanor affect getting licensed because they do a background check.

It depends on your State Board of Pharmacy. I suggest, you get used to the fact that you have a license to protect. That means you follow all traffic laws, you don't drive more than 5 miles over the speed limit. You don't drink or take drugs and get behind the wheel of a car. You don't get in bar fights....

Since this is not a criminal violation, you will probably be fine. But they could bust your balls and make you appear before the board. That would cost you time and attorney fees. Is getting to your destination 2 minutes sooner be worth the possible risk?

It depends on your State Board of Pharmacy. I suggest, you get used to the fact that you have a license to protect. That means you follow all traffic laws, you don't drive more than 5 miles over the speed limit. You don't drink or take drugs and get behind the wheel of a car. You don't get in bar fights....

Since this is not a criminal violation, you will probably be fine. But they could bust your balls and make you appear before the board. That would cost you time and attorney fees. Is getting to your destination 2 minutes sooner be worth the possible risk?

Getting to the destination 1 hour sooner is worth it, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting to the destination 1 hour sooner is worth it, lol.

So if they prevent you from getting your license for 6 months at a cost to you of around $55,000.00, it's worth it....

In one of my classes, I learned that if you even get a ticket in my state, you have to report it to the Board of Pharmacy regardless...

Oh please, you can be addicted to drugs but if you go to the board and confess they'll let you enter a treatment program to keep your license. Unless you're getting convicted of felonies they're not going to take your license away. You should still report it to the board though, and you'll probably have to give an explanation for what happened.

If you want to read what kind of ******ed **** people do to get their licenses revoked, go here:

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/enforcement/enforcement_oct08_dec08.shtml

Most involve drug diversion.

You don't get a misdemeanor for speeding but you do for car racing. That is a problem when you have to explain any misdemeanor or felony when you apply to take the board exam.

Once you are a registered pharmacist, it is much harder for the board to take it away but when you are still a student, they can cause you a lot of troubles.

You don't get a misdemeanor for speeding but you do for car racing. That is a problem when you have to explain any misdemeanor or felony when you apply to take the board exam.

Once you are a registered pharmacist, it is much harder for the board to take it away but when you are still a student, they can cause you a lot of troubles.

Bingo, we have a winner.... They are more likely to prevent you from taking the boards than they are to take away your license....

Bingo, we have a winner.... They are more likely to prevent you from taking the boards than they are to take away your license....

So basically

1) Get licensed as RPh
2) Go speed racer, go!

in that order = good to go :D

Yeah, even drug diversion leads to a restricted license + fine most of the time (at least the cases I've read). I think killing someone by negligence in your duties as a pharmacist is usually a fine of >$2,500 (not including any civil judgements paid out).

You'd probably have to be involved in some major drug trafficking to get your licensed revoked, even then...you'd need a conviction in criminal court and chances are if you're in prison, your license to be a pharmacist is pretty useless when you become a large inmate's personal bitch.

I'm a student who got a ticket once b/c I didn't have my valid isurance card on me (I had insurance just didn't have the new card in my car) and I mailed the payment in but it must have gotten lost in the mail or something b/c a few months later I got a letter saying there was a warrent for my arrest for the unpaid fine. So I went down to the police station to settle it and was technically arrested even though they didn't read me my rights or cuff me or anything, all I did was pay them a couple hundred $'s. Anyone have input on how this would affect me becoming a pharmacist?

I'm a student who got a ticket once b/c I didn't have my valid isurance card on me (I had insurance just didn't have the new card in my car) and I mailed the payment in but it must have gotten lost in the mail or something b/c a few months later I got a letter saying there was a warrent for my arrest for the unpaid fine. So I went down to the police station to settle it and was technically arrested even though they didn't read me my rights or cuff me or anything, all I did was pay them a couple hundred $'s. Anyone have input on how this would affect me becoming a pharmacist?

It depends on how the police reported it. It may require an appearance before the Board... Your mileage may vary....

Go down to the police station and purchase a copy of your criminal history and see if it show up as an arrest and if so what kind felony or misdemeanor.

HTH

Actually I called the NJ state pharmacy board and they said it wouldn't be a problem. It was "failure to appear" in court, no way was it a felony!