Medical How will IA for not frequent enough testing be seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have received a student conduct reprimand (doesn't go on any official records or transcripts, functions as a warning, but will need to report according to med school app guidelines) due to not following the frequency guidelines for getting tested.

How might this affect my application? Would this be considered a minor, moderate, or major IA?

I have of course learned from this completely and will ensure to stay within all guidelines.

:shrug:

Honestly seems pretty minor to me as long as it isn't part of some larger pattern of skirting guidelines; if there's anything else on your record then it looks much worse since you really should have known better at that point. It's also better if you're a freshman and will have a few years of distance from this IA vs. a junior getting ready to apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anything that can be done to help alleviate this?
Not sure if @Goro has any other thoughts, but really just keeping an otherwise clean record and putting time between this event and your application. The further you put this in the rear-view mirror, the easier it is for someone to believe this was a blip in judgment rather than due to some underlying professionalism flaw. You can also do good works, ie helping the underprivileged, which show you're a good person.

I can't stress this enough--a single mistake can be overlooked. Two mistakes is a pattern, and that looks much worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if @Goro has any other thoughts, but really just keeping an otherwise clean record and putting time between this event and your application. The further you put this in the rear-view mirror, the easier it is for someone to believe this was a blip in judgment rather than due to some underlying professionalism flaw. You can also do good works, ie helping the underprivileged, which show you're a good person.

I can't stress this enough--a single mistake can be overlooked. Two mistakes is a pattern, and that looks much worse.
I agree with my wise colleague.

Lead an exemplary life, own this transgression, and try to engage in positions of responsibility.

The more time you put between the incident and your application, the better.

I concur with @Goro... follow the guidelines. This pandemic is not a joke. I will also assume if you get into any opportunities to be in a clinical environment, you bet you'll have to be tested according to a schedule or you lose your position.

Will I expect similar infractions to pop up over the next cycle? Yes. Do I have any insight on how admissions committees might judge those infractions? No, and I have no predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.