How will you find housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuraRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how everyone starting pharm school this year is going about finding housing. Do you plan on finding a roomate and getting an apartment? And if so, how are you finding your roomate if you don't know anyone else in your school yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I think if I'm accepted I'll live in the dorms. I'm a young student though, so it's not like I'd be "out of place" or anything. If I was older I'd probably get an apartment. I just figure that living in the dorms is a good way to get to know people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious how everyone starting pharm school this year is going about finding housing. Do you plan on finding a roomate and getting an apartment? And if so, how are you finding your roomate if you don't know anyone else in your school yet?

With a wife and two kids I'll just have to look really hard for someplace with decent space and use all the Financial aid I can't afford.

I'm planning on getting an apartment and living by myself or with my boyfriend (early relationship stages...hard to tell). I had lots of roommates in undergrad, and have moved back home since, but I want minimal distraction while in pharmacy school. I think I'm going to go down there like June or July and set everything up.

Some schools have their own off-campus apartment listings.

Your school might help match up students once the class is pretty well-formed. Mine set up a passworded web page, and you could post on it if you were trying to find a roommate. I have a couple of classmates who are actually living with a second or third year student (I'm a P1) that they met through the school. The school also helped match up students who were going to be in the on-campus apartments, so some of them could live with other pharmacy students as opposed to being randomly assigned.