How would you answer this interview question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shark007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my first interview tomorrow and was wondering how you would answer this question.

What do you think is the most pressing issue (or challenge) in dentistry today?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Wish me luck.

Members don't see this ad.

I've read on this website a couple answers to that question. Some that I remember was stem cell research/growing teeth and lack of fluoride in drinking water. Do a search, you should find some good answers.

If I had that question in an interview I would say it is getting people in to see the dentist! Some people w/ dental insurance will not even come in. People need to value their teeth & dentists need to do a better job of getting people in the chair. They risk their oral health for life by not seeing the dentist for 5+ years at a time. That is the challenge & pressing issue of today's dentist IMHO (& sometimes ignorant opinion) .

Matt

Since 1960's we have known cavities are caused by bacteria! Only recently has there been a push for having a more medical perspective to attacking this dental disease. It was drill , fill , and bill. Now there is a big push for Prevention! Check out my web site at www.cohpmc.org (well it's not mine but i pretty much update it! When i have time!)