How would you answer this question?

Started by Awill86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Awill86

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1.Ability to read, interpret, and apply written instructions.

This is from the VA application - I need to demonstrate that I have those knowledge, skills, and abilities. I'm having trouble with it mostly because of how general it is. How would you guys respond? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
 
1.Ability to read, interpret, and apply written instructions.

This is from the VA application - I need to demonstrate that I have those knowledge, skills, and abilities. I'm having trouble with it mostly because of how general it is. How would you guys respond? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

What's the question? You just listed 3 things in a non-sentence.
 
It's basically asking if you know how to process a prescription. If you have any retail experience, this is easy.
 
I mean more than just reading a prescription. It means that you must be able to read a protocol, understand it, and follow instructions A to Z. It is similar to my daily research task. I have to read the instructions to prepare solutions, prepare the gels, run DNA, and so on.