How would you answer...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjdaddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would you answer when they ask you why you want to attend that particular school?

Because I think this is an easy school to get in, I think, wouldn't fly... After the research about that school, what aspects of the school should I concentrate, academics, culture, location, or anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

the answer depends on the school and really why you chose to apply there.

sure there were schools that i applied to because i thought i would have a better chance of getting accepted. however, i agree with you that you can't just answer the question without a thought.

when i was asked that question, i focused on why i would chose that school over another. pretend that you have already been accepted somewhere and now you are to choose between the 2. answer yourself why you would want this one as suppose to somewhere else.
the answer is deep within you so just find it my friend.

good luck!

The 100% BEST answer to this question is reached by taking into account the things that YOU appreciate about the school, mixing those things with the contributions that YOU can make to the program (both as a student and a future alumni), and then candidly sharing that.

Always take such a question as an opportunity to share why YOU would benefit their program. Don't merely list the reasons that are important to you. In the admissions game you are often a product, so sell yourselves to the adcom by letting them know the benefits of "buying" you.

couldn't agree more, Let the adcoms know that your interested in them by giving them an answer that appears that you have research there school