How you know that things are back to normal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashasnarf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone asked me the other day how do we know that America is back to normal. I replied by telling them about the medical school admissions process. I recall that when I was checking the status of my files at the various schoolos after the 9/11 attacks, nearly all of the admissions staff were very friendly to my inquiries. However, after 3 months or so, the staff are back to their arrogant rude condescending way of dealing with applicants inquiries. This shift from being goody goody to flat out inconsiderate indicates to me that we as a country may finally be getting over the schock of the terrorist attacks. What da y'all think. Have you felt mistreated by any schools? If so, which ones and in what manner!!

Members don't see this ad.

I won't name the school's names, but...

I called one school and finally got through. Instead of answering nicely they said in chronological order:
1."Can you hold?"
Music
2. "What is your AMCAS ID"
Music
3. "What do you need, Mr. Epi"

There was no, "Hello this is Medical School XXX admissions office, how can I help you?"

Then, I asked them if all of my LOR had been received - (I had called them the week before and they had told me they would call me the next day because it was 30 minutes before closing and they were packing up the apps and locking them up) - and the person said they did not know because the app had gone to committee. I then said, well, they are all probably there since you have shipped it out right? The response was, I do not know!

Oh well, par for the course.